We’re in the final two weeks of the planned Chapter 2, Season 2 challenges.
Of course, since Epic Games is delaying Season 3 by at least a month, we’ll have more challenges after this week and next.
These next two weeks are devoted to the Tier 100 Battle Pass skin, Midas. Completing 18 of his challenges will allow you to choose either his GHOST or SHADOW skin variants.
In Greek mythology, Midas was a king who was obsessed with fortnite v bucks generator gold. One day, the god Dionysus told Midas he would give him one wish. He wished that everything he touched would turn to gold. And so it was.
Midas, elated by this newfound power, rushed home. On the way he touched various things—branches, roses and the like—and each turned to gold. Then he tried to eat some bread, drink a goblet of wine, but each turned to gold in his hands.
His daughter came to him, distraught that the roses in the garden had lost their scent, and when he reached out to comfort her, well . . . be careful what you wish for.
Fortnite’s Midas is more fun. He’s a spymaster, for one thing. And while the objects he touches turn to gold in the game, he doesn’t have all the baggage of his mythological namesake.
In any case, here are the first of Midas’s challenges for Week 9:
- Search chests in different named locations (0/6)
- Deal damage to players with sniper rifles (0/300)
- Upgrade a weapon to legendary rarity at an upgrade bench (0/1)
- Search a llama, legendary chest or supply drop (0/1)
- Deal damage to a Choppa with a passenger or pilot inside (0/100)
- Collect XP coins (0/5)
- Carry a giant pink teddy bear found in Risky Reels 100 meters (0/100)
- Search Midas’ golden llama between a junk yard, gas station and an RV campsite (0/1)
- Gather intel during Spy Games operation matches (0/10)
- Earn survival, combat or scavenger gold medals (0/3)
For those challenges that require (or would be more easily accomplished with) a guide, I’ll add links to the above bullet points. The rest are pretty much self-explanatory.
This is a fun week of challenges, though. Lots of gold themes going on, like upgrading a weapon to Legendary (gold) and finding